We give back to our regional community in multiple ways. For example, we encourage our members to donate time and expertise to regional entrepreneur centric organizations. We also support aspiring entrepreneurs directly by providing complimentary dinner invitations (our Angels in Action program) so they can see our group in action while we hear company presentations and evaluate the opportunities — a good preparatory experience for anyone intending to raise angel capital.
Below are some of the volunteer activities our members have been involved in.
- Contribute as Board Members and Advisors to:
- Create and/or Lead Regional Company Formation Initiatives
- Hacker Lab — Innovative Workspace for Entrepreneurs & Makers
- CleanStart — accelerating the development of clean technology ventures within the greater Sacramento region
- Medstart — inspiring the growth of medical technology companies
- AgStart — free advice for entrepreneurs on raising money and getting a startup started
- Act as mentors for the UC Davis Center for Entrepreneurship Entrepreneurship Academies and the student-run business plan competition, Big Bang
- Initiated the Angels On Campus Program at UC Davis
- Sit on the US Davis Graduate School of Management Dean’s Advisory Council
- Support the Sacramento Association of Collegiate of Entrepreneurs
- Next: Angels In Action