We give back to our regional community in two ways. First, we encourage our members to donate time and expertise to regional entrepreneur centric organizations. Second, the group uses hard cash from its membership fees to sponsor those same organizations, and provide complimentary dinner invitations to aspiring entrepreneurs so they can see our group in action while we hear company presentations and evaluate the opportunities — a good preparatory experience for anyone intending to raise angel capital.
Below are some of the volunteer activities our members have been involved in.
- Sponsor and/or Contribute as Board Members to:
- Create and/or Lead Regional Company Formation Initiatives
- Act as mentors for the UC Davis Center for Entrepreneurship Entrepreneurship Academies and the student-run business plan competition, Big Bang
- Initiated the Angels On Campus Program at UC Davis
- Sit on the US Davis Graduate School of Management Dean’s Advisory Council
- Support the Sacramento Association of Collegiate of Entrepreneurs