The Sacramento Angels meet six or seven times a year. We don’t meet in December and in some months over the summer. Check our calendar to see our specific meeting dates (normally on a Wednesday).
We use GUST to screen and move all applications through our selections process. SacAngel members are notified of all application postings and updates.
- About three weeks before the dinner meeting, the Selection Committee starts the process to determine who will be invited to present
- About two weeks before the dinner, we start sending out invitations to three or four companies who meet our criteria for a preliminary presentation by phone
- The phone presentations are between 8 and 9am eight days before our dinner (so normally on a Tuesday)
- Following the phone presentations, the Selection Committee decide on the two companies to present at our dinner meeting
- Companies that are not selected may be held over for a subsequent meeting, and often we’ll try to offer suggestions to help you move forward
Two companies present their business plans at each meeting. If sufficient interest is expressed in a particular company, a SacAngel member is assigned to coordinate further due diligence. A presentation alone offers no assurance of any financial negotiations or member investment.