The Sacramento Angels meet nine or ten times a year on the second Wednesday of each month, except August (and sometimes July) and December.
We use GUST to screen and move all applications through our selections process. SacAngel members are notified of all application postings and updates.
- About three weeks before the dinner meeting, the Selection Committee starts the process to determine who will be invited to present.
- About two weeks before the dinner, we start sending out invitations to three or four companies who meet our criteria for a preliminary presentation by phone.
- The phone presentations are between 8 and 9am eight days before our dinner (so on a Tuesday).
- Following the phone presentations, the Selection Committee decide on the two companies to present at our dinner meeting.
- Companies that are not selected may be held over for a subsequent meeting, and often we’ll try to offer suggestions to help you move forward.
Two companies present their business plans at each meeting. If sufficient interest is expressed in a particular company, a SacAngel member is assigned to coordinate further due diligence. A presentation alone offers no assurance of any financial negotiations or member investment.